What to Expect at Your First Visit
A first impression is everything, and at our office we want your first visit to our practice to be welcoming, comfortable, and fun. Our goal is to give you a bright, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
Our practice understands that your first visit to the dentist’s office can be intimidating! The doctors and team at Dr. Bajars office want to make you feel relaxed about receiving dental treatment. We make it our goal to provide you with a fun, beneficial experience that helps you stay healthy and happy. We welcome you to our dental office and look forward to working with you and your smile!
During your first visit our doctors will:
- Take time listening to your concerns and expectations
- Review with you your complete dental AND medical history
- Take an X-ray of your mouth and jaw (if needed)
- Discuss with you the different treatments we provide
- Answer any questions you may have
- Go over each of our flexible payment plans so you can chose which is best for you
Once your doctor has gone over all your paperwork and all of your questions have been answered, you will begin your first exam!
After your first exam, it is important to continue scheduling regular checkups.
Regular checkups are important for a healthy mouth and healthy body!
Here are a couple things you can expect during a routine dental exam:
Regular dental checkups are very important! You should be visiting the dentist every six months — that’s twice a year! Here are a couple things you can expect at your regular checkup:
- Teeth cleaning: We will perform a professional cleaning of your teeth. Doctor will use special dental tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may be built up on the surface of your teeth. Then they will polish your teeth to make them appear brighter and smoother.
- Exam: After your teeth have been properly cleaned, your dentists will examine your mouth, teeth, and gums to make sure that you don’t have any signs of decay or gingivitis and periodontal disease. Your dentists will also check any old fillings or other restorative work to make sure that nothing needs to be fixed.
In-between checkups, it is important for you to take care of your teeth and gums! Be sure to brush your teeth at least three times a day, and floss at least once. This will help minimize the amount of plaque and tartar build up that can lead to tooth decay and disease. If you need help learning how to properly brush and floss, please ask at your next office visit and we will be happy to show you how!
To schedule your next regular checkup, please call (619) 423-3602 or ask for appointment here. Remember, you should be visiting your dentist every six months for a dental checkup — that’s twice a year!
Make Your Appointment today and receive a certificate worth $50.00 off your first visit!
* Certificate has no cash value. Entitles you to dental examination. Limit one per patient. Expires in 30 days.