Dazzling white teeth are the key to a healthy and happy life. A bright smile can make a difference between a good impression and a feeling of insecurity. Caring for your teeth on a regular basis can keep them as clean as possible. However, whitening toothpaste and frequent flossing can’t achieve stellar results unless you take advantage of teeth whitening procedures at a dental office. Teeth whitening in San Diego is available for our patients all year round. Give us a call to make an appointment and enjoy a white smile as soon as possible.
Teeth Whitening In San Diego: How Often?
Too much of a good thing can lead to unfortunate consequences. Even if your teeth look fantastic after getting a professional teeth whitening, there is no reason to repeat it more often than once a year. If you have sensitive teeth, your dentist may recommend doing it once every two years.
If you are using at-home kits, the stress your teeth take is not lighter than what you get in the dentist’s chair. Accordingly, the teeth whitening procedure shouldn’t be repeated more often than once a year.
In case you take advantage of teeth whitening kits you buy at the store, you can use them more often. Read the directions carefully. Each kit contains different ingredients and their efficiency depends on the application frequency. Don’t use the teeth whitening strips more than for two weeks at a time and don’t repeat the process more often than once every 6 months.
If you recently used at-home teeth whitening kits or strips, make sure to tell your dentist about it when making an appointment. Frequent teeth whitening can damage your enamel and lead to serious teeth problems.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening in San Diego
Stains and discoloration spots don’t have to become a part of your everyday life if you choose professional teeth whitening. At-home remedies may make your teeth slightly whiter but they can’t provide long–lasting results.
- Thorough Whitening – Teeth whitening is much more thorough than anything you can do at home. A dentist can work on every corner of your tooth to provide you better, whiter, and longer-lasting results. If you have severe stain problems, only teeth whitening can help you get rid of them completely.
- Faster Results – A professional dentist can whiten your teeth in under an hour. Just one hour a year is sufficient for most patients. Professional teeth whitening can save you the time you spend on using whitening strips and other over-the-counter methods.
- Safe Approach – Not all at-home teeth whitening kits are created equal. Some of them use harsh ingredients to achieve better results. Unfortunately, applying larger than necessary amounts of the material may be very damaging to your teeth enamel and gum tissue. As a result, you may suffer from high sensitivity to food temperatures. A dentist knows exactly how much teeth-whitening agent to apply in order to avoid damage.
- Best Shade – The teeth whitening agents you buy at the store don’t give you a choice of how white they can make your teeth. Meanwhile, the color of your teeth should look natural. Otherwise, the procedure is useless. A professional can choose the strength of the agent to help you achieve the shade you want. The color of your teeth should correlate with your skin tone.
- Pain-free – Many people, who use over-the-counter teeth whitening kits report pain and increased tooth sensitivity. All this can be avoided with a professional approach. The reason lies in the badly sized trays that allow the agent to come into contact with your gums. A professional dentist makes sure that the gums, lips, and tongue stay safe during the procedure.
Two Types of Teeth Whitening Procedures
There are two types of teeth whitening approaches: intrinsic and extrinsic.
Intrinsic Tooth Whitening – Deals with stains and discoloration under the tooth enamel. Once the inner part of the tooth becomes whiter, the overall impression of the smile is dazzling. Bleaching gel is required to remove intrinsic stains.
Extrinsic Tooth Whitening – Deals with stains and spots on the surface of the tooth. Such teeth whitening can be achieved with over-the-counter products. Extrinsic stains occur from smoking or eating colorful foods.
Teeth whitening requires a careful and responsible approach. Leaving the strips on too long, overfilling the dental trays with materials, using one size fits all trays are just a few of the mistakes an average person makes on a regular basis. Always talk to your dentist before proceeding with teeth whitening in San Diego regardless of the approach you choose.
At Bajars & Bajars, we offer all types of teeth whitening procedures to help you battle a variety of stains. In under one hour, you can get a dazzling smile without pain or annoying tooth sensitivity. Our dentists have extensive experience in teeth whitening and we guarantee you a great result. Please, let the dentist know your dental history in order to avoid accidental tooth damage.
Teeth Whitening FAQs
Dr. Sandris Bajars
General Dentistry, Endodontics, Orthodontics
Schedule an appointment today and receive a certificate worth $50.00 off your first visit!
* Certificate has no cash value. Entitles you to dental examination. Limit one per patient. Expires in 30 days.