Dental Implants in San Diego
Today’s dentistry has a wide array of solutions for substituting a missing tooth. However, even with considerable improvements, modern dentures and bridges are not able to fully replicate the feeling of having an actual tooth. Despite both offering major improvements for the patient, they simply fall short when it comes to providing the same organic sensation. This is why dental implants are quickly becoming the No.1 option for replacing a missing tooth.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used as a substitute for the actual tooth root. In practice, this means implementation of an accordingly shaped titanium post where the original tooth root once stood. Over time, the titanium implant organically fuses to the jaw bone thus becoming a genuine alternative for the tooth root.
Once the implant is fused to the bone, the dentist will install a connector, known as the abutment. The abutment is placed upon the dental implant to serve as a platform for the crown. At this stage of the procedure is carried out, the dentist will install a regular crown.
The Advantages of Installing Dental Implants in San Diego
Proper installation of dental implants in San Diego is determined by the experience of the dentist. When it comes to Bajars & Bajars, years’ worth of experience in the field is one of the cornerstones for the continuous success of our dentistry practice. Experienced team with a proven track record of installing dental implants in San Diego for years will take proper care of your dental implant.
- Organic feel. The patient won’t be able to tell the difference between the actual tooth and its artificial replacement.
- Realistic Looks. The crowns placed upon the implants are carefully selected to mimic the natural look and fit with the rest of the teeth.
- Improved speech. Improperly applied dentures can often lead to impaired speech. The natural-looking dental implants don’t affect speech in any known way.
- Effortless to maintain. Our dental implants do not require any other care than the regular brushing and some flossing.
- Lifetime guarantee. Our implants offer incredible durability and are made to last a lifetime. If the patient takes proper care of them, they will serve forever.
- Leaves rest of teeth intact. When it comes to installing bridges, the procedure often involves the treatment of adjacent teeth. This is not the case with implants.
What Are the Risks Of Installing Dental Implants in San Diego?
Although approximately 98 percent of dental implant procedures turn out successful, occasionally some mishaps might occur, most of which are related to improper bone support. This, however, can also be improved with the help of special procedures.
Patients that have healthy teeth, no gum problems or issues with the jaw bone are free to undergo the procedure without any prior examination. Heavy smokers, patients that have chronic disorders or individuals who have undergone radiation therapy aimed at the jaw area, need to undergo an individual examination prior to the procedure.
How Long Does It Take To Install An Implant
Depending on each specific case, the procedure can take up to several months from the moment the patient decides on the implant to the day the new tooth substitute is ready. The whole process requires several appointments with your dentist.
The five stages of installing a dental implant are:
- Examination and the approval of the implants
- Bone grafting in order to reach the optimal thickness or strength to hold the implant
- Installation of the dental implant. This is followed by a waiting process stretching for several months to allow the implant to fuse together with the jaw bone
- Installation of the abutment. The patient then has to wait up to three weeks for the gums to heal completely
- Installation of the crown
Make Your Appointment today and receive a certificate worth $50.00 off your first visit!
* Certificate has no cash value. Entitles you to dental examination. Limit one per patient. Expires in 30 days.